Where does all the water go after it rains? How does what people do on their land at home, on the farm and in the cities affect water and soil quality? Pathway to Water Quality can show you. Pathway to Water Quality (see map), managed by the ICP, is a model watershed that shows you how land “sheds” excess water and what that means to you. The PWQ exhibit contains practical displays and information for anyone who uses the land. The Pathway to Water Quality Exhibit has been a popular fixture at the Indiana State Fairgrounds since 1993. It is an excellent watershed demonstration site, showing how proper management practices at home, on the farm and in business can protect our soil and water resources. In 2013 we celebrated the 20th anniversary of Pathway’s existence at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. Read more about PWQ in the spring 2013 issue of Indiana Farm Bureau’s magazine, My Indiana Home. You can also download this 2015 Pathway to Water Quality Written Report.
Pathway to Water Quality Work Day: October 4th starting at 9:30 am
– Plant cutting and weeding behind the house.
– Leaf raking.
– Heavy lifting of the barn to place it on new support blocks.
– General clean up.
What to bring:
– Gas powered hedge trimmer
– Steel bladed brush cutter
Please RSVP to Sara Peel at email@example.com
Volunteering at Pathway to Water Quality:
2017 Indiana State Fair dates August 4-20
View the 2016 Pathway to Water Quality Volunteer Training video here or view the video below:
Pathway to Water Quality is hosted by the Indiana State Fairgrounds.
- Improving Water Quality at Home
- Improving Water Quality on the Farm and in Woodlands
- How does Soil Affect Water Quality?
- Youth Education
- City of Indianapolis: Stormwater Design and Specification Manual – http://thewhiteriveralliance.
- Green Roofs for Healthy Cities – North America Inc. – www.greenroofs.org
- The Metropolitan Area Planning Council (MAPC) – www.mapc.org
- The Green Roof Industry Resource Portal – www.greenroofs.com
- North Carolina State University Extension – https://content.ces.ncsu.edu/
plant-selection-for-extensive- green-roofs-in-the-research- triangle-area-of-north- carolina
- Center for Green Roof Research – Penn State University – http://plantscience.psu.edu/
- North American Green Roof Provider – www.roofmeadow.com
See Green Roofs in Indiana
- Green roofs in Indiana – http://www.evpl.org/aboutus/
- WFYI Green Roof Indianapolis – http://roofingpost.com/green-
- WFYI Green Roof Indianapolis – http://www.greenroofs.com/
- Ball Memorial Hospital Green Roof – https://www.greenbiz.com/news/
2009/01/04/indiana-hospital- install-green-roof-atop-new- tower
- Ball Memorial Hospital Images – https://images.search.yahoo.
com/search/images;_ylt= A0LEVz4Yg15ZbPMAv29XNyoA;_ylu= X3oDMTExZzQ0YmY1BGNvbG8DYmYxBH BvcwMxBHZ0aWQDVUlDMV8xBHNlYwNz Yw–?p=Ball+Memorial+Hospital+ Green+Roof&fr=mcafee